commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From sebb <>
Subject Re: [VALIDATOR] Ready for 1.4.1 RC3?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 14:09:40 GMT
On 5 January 2015 at 07:03, Benedikt Ritter <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> there have been some fixes in the last few days (mostly thanks to sebb) and
> my feeling is, that we're ready to cut 1.4.1 RC3.

Yes, I think it is in a stable state.
I have been checking the source with Java 1.4 on a Windows VM and it passes.

> If there is something left you would like to add, then please let me know.

I'm still wondering about VALIDATOR-235 - allowing IDN names.

I've just updated the issue with two possible approaches.

Assuming we want to do it at all, I favour the reflection approach, as
it is likely the one we would take if the code needed 1.6.
When the minimum of Java 1.6 is reached, the reflection code can
simply be removed.
If the code checks for non-ASCII content first, the reflection code
won't be used unnecessarily.

I'll look into this shortly, but wait for confirmation before committing.

> Otherwise I'll cut RC3 tonight or tomorrow.


> Regards,
> Benedikt
> --

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message