commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GIT] Getting started with Git and Eclipse
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 20:05:12 GMT
On 7 January 2015 at 17:57, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 12:47 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I just do:
>> >
>> > git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-math
>>
>> Just tried that:
>>
>> Cloning into 'commons-math'...
>> warning: templates not found /usr/local/git/share/git-core/templates
>> fatal: Unable to find remote helper for 'https'
>>
>> I'm on MacOSX.
>>

> Sorry, can't help with that. It worked fine for me on OSX 10.8.5 and git
> 2.1.0 (installed with homebrew).
> A quick Google search revealed some issue with curl, maybe?

Turns out the issue was I was using Git from Source tree.app.
It's probably not intended for standalone use.

In case it helps anyone else, I just installed the command line git 2.2.1 from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/git-osx-installer/files/

Then ran the following to replace the Xcode (Apple) git that was
earlier in the path

sudo mv /usr/bin/git /usr/bin/git-xcode
sudo ln -sf /usr/local/git/bin/git /usr/bin/git