commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Committing Code, JIRA Gardening
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 08:50:48 GMT
Hello Carl,

> Hi all,
>
> Per the recent announcement granting commit access to all ASF committers,
> I'd like to take you up on that.

Nice to hear that, welcome to Commons.

> Can I work directly with the Git repo or should I commit to svn?

Where currently in the process of migrating our components to git, one by
one. The only components that have read/write git repos are commons math
[1] and commons text [2]. If you want to contribute to any of the other
components, you'll have to use svn for now.

> Can I get some JIRA karma to assign and update things?  Thanks!
> I'll likely start with this one:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS-121

We talked about granting Jira karma to all committers as well because it
felt like a natural thing to do to some of us. However not all of us agreed
to do this step right now, so the current process is to request the karma
 just like you did. I think Mark Thomas or sebb can grant you the karma.
Shouldn't take long.

Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/