commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1648704 - in /commons/proper/compress/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/zip/ test/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/zip/
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 15:22:18 GMT
On 2014-12-31, <krosenvold@apache.org> wrote:

>    static ScatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier defaultSupplier = new DefaultSupplier();

This one could be instance variable (and made final when set in the
constructor).  I think this would be a cleaner approach to overriding
the supplier that setting a static variable.  Could be private as well.

>    static class DefaultSupplier implements ScatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier {

If you made the changes I suggest, then this class should probably be
protected.

>    static ScatterZipOutputStream createDeferred(ScatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier scatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier)

would then be an instance method.  Do you need it to be public?

>+    ThreadLocal<ScatterZipOutputStream> tlScatterStreams = new ThreadLocal<ScatterZipOutputStream>()
{

why is this package private?

Cheers

        Stefan