commons-dev mailing list archives

From luc <...@spaceroots.org>
Subject Re: [Math] Next release: 4.0 or 3.5 ?
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 08:23:24 GMT
Le 2015-01-06 23:13, Gilles a écrit :
> On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 23:10:33 +0100, Gilles wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Do we head towards 4.0, starting to implement  the dreaded
>> breakings?  ;-)

+1, +1, +1, +1  !!!

To be serious, yes, we are really stuck by now and several pending
changes should be done. We talked about fluent API for optimizers
and it was too much too squeeze without breaking API. I attempted
the same for ODE, and here again it was postponed as it touched
user level interfaces.

I would even say that we should from the beginning change the top
level package name to 4.0 so users can test earlier the changes as
we prepare the next version, using only one feature at a time and
preserving the older release for the other features.

best regards,

Luc