commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Benedikt Ritter <benerit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VALIDATOR] Ready for 1.4.1 RC3?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 16:09:08 GMT


Send from my mobile device

> Am 05.01.2015 um 16:34 schrieb sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>:
> 
>> On 5 January 2015 at 14:33, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
>> 2015-01-05 15:09 GMT+01:00 sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>:
>> 
>>>> On 5 January 2015 at 07:03, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
>>>> Hi all,
>>>> 
>>>> there have been some fixes in the last few days (mostly thanks to sebb)
>>> and
>>>> my feeling is, that we're ready to cut 1.4.1 RC3.
>>> 
>>> Yes, I think it is in a stable state.
>>> I have been checking the source with Java 1.4 on a Windows VM and it
>>> passes.
>>> 
>>>> If there is something left you would like to add, then please let me
>>> know.
>>> 
>>> I'm still wondering about VALIDATOR-235 - allowing IDN names.
>>> 
>>> I've just updated the issue with two possible approaches.
>>> 
>>> Assuming we want to do it at all, I favour the reflection approach, as
>>> it is likely the one we would take if the code needed 1.6.
>>> When the minimum of Java 1.6 is reached, the reflection code can
>>> simply be removed.
>>> If the code checks for non-ASCII content first, the reflection code
>>> won't be used unnecessarily.
>>> 
>> 
>> Why not update to Java 1.6 after 1.4.1? Do you rather want to target Java
>> 1.5?
> 
> No, 1.6 would be fine. We need the IDN class.
> 
>> Really, I wouldn't put the effort in something that will be removed after
>> this release (meaning the reflection thingy)...
> 
> I've already done most of the code as part of DomainValidatorTest.
> It just needs to be repackaged slightly.
> Also need a unit test, but that will be needed later anyway.
> 
> Implementing this would allow the current release to work under 1.6+
> for Unicode domains right now - no need for users to wait for the next
> release.
> So IMO I think it's worth a bit of extra work now.

Okay understood. Then go for it!

Benedikt

> 
>> 
>>> 
>>> I'll look into this shortly, but wait for confirmation before committing.
>>> 
>>>> Otherwise I'll cut RC3 tonight or tomorrow.
>>> 
>>> Thanks!
>>> 
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Benedikt
>>>> 
>>>> --
>>>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
>>>> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
>>>> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
>>>> http://github.com/britter
>>> 
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
>> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
>> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
>> http://github.com/britter
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message