commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.10 Based on RC1
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:34:23 GMT
Le 30/01/2015 17:48, Gary Gregory a écrit :

> Well, we cannot break BC in a minor release for a public class.  Are we
> sure BC breaks?
>
> If we want to make this internal package public, it needs to be copied to
> the new location, not moved. Then ZCompressorInputStream would still extend
> the internal package.

I thought there was a consensus to allow breaking public classes clearly
identified as internal such as this one. The Javadoc clearly state:

"This class is only public for technical reasons and is not part of
Commons Compress' published API - it may change or disappear without
warning."

And now we can't change it? Sorry but if someone used it this isn't our
problem, he has been warned and will have to fix his code.

Emmanuel Bourg