commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject [ALL] [RDF] Commons RDF approach
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 16:22:17 GMT
Hi everybody,

after the intense discussions last weeks, this week we're coming down to
what could be a suitable approach for Commons RDF.

Summarizing, we understand that the Apache Commons project wants to keep
the communication rules as they currently are. Though we think that in
this phase of the Commons RDF project, which focuses on the API design
and actively involves the developers of existing toolkits, it is better
to have a more focused community and infrastructure. Therefore we have
come to the conclusion that incubation is probably the best path, and
then gradually prepare the Commons RDF community for working within the
larger Apache Commons community. So we invite everybody to join the
project in case you are interested, particularly the current module at
sandbox.

In the following days we plan to discuss the proposal with the Incubator
PMC (we already started to work on a draft http://git.io/F0hi ) with the
clear mid-term goal of coming back graduated as a Apache Commons module.
Since the path is clear, although Andy or myself could do it because we
are IPMC members, I'd like to have a Champion who is also part of the
Commons PMC, any volunteer?

We hope this is a satisfactory solution for everybody. I personally
apologize for the noised caused, but all discussions with you guys were
really good.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández