commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][RDF] Separate mailing list for Commons RDF
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:09:59 GMT
Hi,

On 20/01/15 15:41, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Torsten -- interesting that graduation could be to "commons" - has that
> happened before?

It already happened, yes:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.general+vote+graduate+subproject+commons

> I would like to see Apache Commons consider naming matters and
> trademark-like issues.  Stamping "RDF" across everything would not fly
> as a TLP name because of external use and, even if in the letter it is
> possible here, I see it as not in the spirit of avoiding confusion for
> users.

Actually that could be a very good solution: we move to incubator where
as Podling we can have more freedom for the initial design and
development, and then I'm pretty sure we'll fairly accommodate to Apache
Common in its current setup.

Would that also work for the Commons PMC?

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager