commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernan...@salzburgresearch.at>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][RDF] Separate mailing list for Commons RDF
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:29:58 GMT
Hi all,

I've been reading the different threads where this issue has been discussed.

First, I'd like to say from Commons RDF we do not want to open the
discussion of sub-project. We all are quite experienced at the ASF to
know how bad that could be. And we are happy to be a regular component.
In fact, if we do the things well and we come up with a agreed and
useful API, in terms of code there will not so much activity for that
component. But there will me much more in terms of discussion. That's
why a TLP does make any sense for me.

Asking a dedicated mailing list we simply wanted a less noisy channel of
communication, from form RDF to All, and from All to RDF. I've
subscribed to dev@commons.a.o in our first attempt to join the project
(July 2014), and I have to admit the single list is a bit difficult for
following some discussion; not about those components where I already
have a filter on my mail client and I follow, but for those where an
interesting topics jumps in from time to time. And many other new people
could have

Even though, I understand the positions against separated mailing lists.
So I propose to carry an experiment during the journey through sandbox
of the RDF component:

* all posts will be distributed to dev@commons.a.o with the [RDF] prefix
* Reply-To header will be always set to the original mailing list

We still need to ask INFRA if such setup would be even possible... but I
think is worth to give it a try. What do you think? Could that work?

Thanks for all the constructive discussions.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Senior Researcher