commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <...@spaceroots.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2015 10:03:03 GMT
Le 10/01/2015 19:51, Benedikt Ritter a écrit :
> [...]
> flags as well as flag 64
> - [VALIDATOR-344] AbstractCheckDigit class does not fully test invalid
> strings. Fix up the testCalculateInvalid() invalid method to allow for
> either invalid checksum or syntax (CheckDigitException) error when testing
> the entries in the invalid array.
> - [VALIDATOR-297] Punycode url is not valid. Top-level domain regex
> matching was wrong; did not allow embedded "-" as per RFC2396
> - [VALIDATOR-334] UrlValidator: isValidAuthority() returning true when
> supplied authority validator fails
> - [VALIDATOR-309] UrlValidator does not validate uppercase URL schemes
> - [VALIDATOR-343] Doc URL update for broken link
>
> Changes between RC1 and RC2:
> - [VALIDATOR-307] - isValid checks if the given address is only IPV4
> address and not IPV6
> - [VALIDATOR-347] - toLowerCase() method is Locale-sensitive and should not
> be used
> - [VALIDATOR-348] - Update TLD list to latest version (Version 2014123000)
> - [VALIDATOR-336] - CUSIPCheckDigit thinks invalid CUSIP is valid.
> - [VALIDATOR-345] - ISINCheckDigit fails to reject invalid (non-numeric)
> check digits
> - [VALIDATOR-346] - SedolCheckDigit fails to reject invalid (non-numeric)
> check digits
> - Removed STATUS.html
> - Added README.md to binary and source distribution
> - Fixed encoding of source files in build by setting commons.encoding
> property
> - Fixed JIRA report to contain the issues of the project
> - Reverted dependency to commons-beanutils to 1.8.3 since this is the
> latest JDK 1.4 compatible release
> - Added JDK requirements to release notes.
>
> Validator 1.4.1-RC2 is available for review here:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/ (svn revision
> 7682)
>
> The tag is here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_1_RC3/
> (svn
> revision 1650789)
>
> Maven artifacts are here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1076/commons-validator/commons-validator/1.4.1/
>
> Details of changes since 1.4 are in the release notes:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> I have tested this with JDK 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 using maven 3.2.5.
>
> Site (some links my be broken but will be fixed when the site is deployed):
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/
>
> Clirr Report:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/rat-report.html
>
> Keys:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review this release candidate and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after

Since the vote started on January 10th, I suppose the real closing date
should be January 13th, not January 4th ;-)

> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> [X] +0 OK, but...

One problem is that the MANIFEST.MF file in the binaries jar
does not contain the build number. The corresponding entry reads:

 Implementation-Build: UNKNOWN_BRANCH@r??????; 2015-01-10 18:25:42+0000

It has probably been built from a non-svn checkout.

As binaries are only a convenience, I don't think it's a blocker,
hence my +0.

Luc