commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [vfs] PMC: please review sandbox' NOTICE.txt
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2015 22:50:15 GMT
Hello,

thanks for the comments Phil.

I have removed the mention of sandbox from the toplevel NOTICE.txt and
the sandbox/NOTICE.txt again.

I am not sure what to put in a readme, but since I already explained
the sandbox situation on the new site, I will not anything besides that:

http://people.apache.org/~ecki/commons-vfs/commons-vfs2-sandbox/

I don't think we will find a good replacement for jcifs (and I am
certainly not trying to built it :), so I would guess the smb provider
stays there for some time or we drop it (i.e. if externally maintained).
There might be an option for the mime provider, will see if I can get
help with that.

I have understood that I do not have to improve the situation that a
sandbox artifact could "look" official, so I keep the notice files in
there (just as 2.0 was).

Gruss
Bernd