commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [VFS] Implementing custom hdfs file system using commons-vfs 2.0
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 14:05:55 GMT
Hello Dave,

for the download page (staged:
http://people.apache.org/~ecki/commons-vfs/download.html) I need a list
of libraries needed to run VFS to access hdfs. Could you maybe produce
an example VFS Shell session similiar to

https://wiki.apache.org/commons/VfsReleaseState

where you list the command line needed. It would be best if this is an
public HDFS instance (but I guess there is no such thing?)

BTW: I had asked in the VFS-530 bug about how commonplace the different
hdfs APIs are, and if it is really good if we bump the minimum version.
As I understand it. Will HDFS with 1.1.2 be able to communicate with
2.6 instances? If yes I would prefer to keep it at 1.2 in this release.
WDYT?

Gruss
Bernd