commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "UsingGIT" by LucMaisonobe
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 19:17:07 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "UsingGIT" page has been changed by LucMaisonobe:
https://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingGIT?action=diff&rev1=5&rev2=6

   * `svn info`
     `git remote -v` and `git remote origin`

+  * `svn cp` ''https://svn.apache.org/.../trunk'' ''https://svn.apache.org/.../tags/my-tag''
`-m message`
+    `git tag -m message MY_TAG` (or better, add also -s or -u option to create a cryptographically
signed tag)
+    if you want the tag to also be on Apache servers, you should `git push origin my-tag`
to push it to the origin remote repository)
+
+  * `svn cp` ''https://svn.apache.org/.../trunk'' ''https://svn.apache.org/.../branches/my-branch''
`-m message`
+    `git branch my-branch`
+    if you want the branch to also be on Apache servers, you should `git push origin my-branch`
to push it to the origin remote repository)
+
+  * `svn help `''sub-command''
+    `git` ''sub-command'' `--help`
+