commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [Math] Maven profile for running the examples?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 22:48:43 GMT
Am Mon, 05 Jan 2015 23:35:49 +0100
schrieb Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>:

> Which docs?
> I didn't intend to move the "userguide" document; only the Java
> examples currently under "src/userguide/java" would be moved to
>    "src/main"

I wont mention multiple modules (also this might be a case where it
makes sense, especially if you want to create a dedicated example jar
file with its own set of dependencies and as it might avoid calling
ant scripts for it), but I would keep the source separated and rather
add an additional source directory (with the buildhelper).

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <phase>initialize</phase>
            <configuration>
                <sources>
                    <source>src/userguide/java</source>
                </sources>
            </configuration>
        </execution>
    </executions>
</plugin>

NB: this will produce classes on target/classes so you need to exclude
them in the JAR.