commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <krosenv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] Importance of retaining exact compatibility for ZipArchiveOutputStream ?
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 23:05:38 GMT
The refactoring os ZipArchiveOutputStream to use StreamCompressor is now done in
the branch https://github.com/krosenvold/commons-compress

As refactorings come it doesn't "feel" too good (extracting all the
methods to create zip headers to a different class would probably be a
refactoring with a lot better *feeling* to it....). This may be due to
the overall largeness of the file in question, it may also be because
of the "leaks" between ZipArchiveOutputStream (fields raf & out) and
StreamCompressor.

It removes the duplication and is probably better since it clearly
decouples one aspect of the algorithm from the rest. I just wish I
could get it even better .... Feedback welcome :)

Kristian