commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1646531 - in /commons/proper/compress/trunk: ./ src/main/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/zip/ src/test/java/org/apache/commons/compress/ src/test/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 17:43:41 GMT
On 2014-12-18, <krosenvold@apache.org> wrote:

>>    public void addRawArchiveEntry(ZipArchiveEntry entry, InputStream rawStream)

Technically entry could be a java.util.zip.ZipEntry, I'm not sure this
would open up new opportunities, though.

>>    /**
>>     * Transfer selected entries from this zipfile to a given #ZipArchiveOutputStream.
>>     * Compression and all other attributes will be as in this file.
>>     * This method transfers entries based on the central directory of the zip file.
>>     *
>>     * @param target The zipArchiveOutputStream to write the entries to
>>     * @param predicate A predicate that selects which entries to write
>>     */
>>    public void copyRawEntries(ZipArchiveOutputStream target, ZipArchiveEntryPredicate
predicate)
>>            throws IOException {

I'm not entirely sure this should be an instance method of ZipFile, it
looks more like a utility method that could live outside of the class as
it doesn't need any of the non-public parts of it.

Then again ZipUtil is a bag of pretty unrelated methods so it doesn't
sound like a happy place for it either.

Stefan