commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <...@spaceroots.org>
Subject Re: [Math] Possibly wrong fix for MATH-1184
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 19:41:44 GMT
Le 30/12/2014 19:30, Gilles a écrit :
> Hello.
>
> I don't think I've followed the correct path for updating the
> web site to fix MATH-1184.
>
> Reading the "release howto" I understood that I could modify
> the checked-out repository and do "svn commit"; it worked and
> the missing files are now available from the web server.
> But reading further into the notes, I don't understand anymore:
> there is a mention of the "staging area" but that one stayed
> empty, and then, of using a link to publish the site (which
> I didn't do, yet published it was).
>
> Clarifications are needed...

It should depend on the origin from which your repository was first
checked out. If it was
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/staging then it points to
the staging area, whereas if it was
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production, then it directly
points to the live site.

It now seems to me the automatic checkout done by maven uses already the
production part, so the staging part is not used. Looking into the
staging area (using svn ls), it seems to contain only top level stuff
(probably commons-site) and not components.

best regards,
Luc