commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] final call before cutting the release candidate
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:54:42 GMT
On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 16:52:06 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 12/16/14 2:10 PM, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can we consider MATH-1173 is solved,
> Not sure.  Gilles asked for review.  Has anyone had a careful look?

"Fix version" set to 4.0.
If in the meantime a bug is uncovered, we'll just have to release
3.4.1...

>> MATH-1158 (I don' tunderstand from the discussion if the patch
>> completely breaks compatibility or if part of it can be applied),

Adding the "createSampler" method to the "RealDistribution" interface
would break compatibility (source-compatibility, IIUC).

> +1 to postpone (I am still in the WONTFIX camp on this one)

I'd rather improve the API, as per the arguments (simplification,
clarification, robustness, safety, ...) given in the discussion.

>> MATH-1172 (which has both a target at 3.4 and 4.0)
>
> +1 to postpone

This was the plan; I removed the reference to 3.4.

Regards,
Gilles