commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject [parent] tag in scmUrl
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 13:04:51 GMT
Hello,

in the [parent] release after-math I noticed that the BUIDLING.txt does
not talk about the <scm> tag. Consequently releases 33-36 contained a
trunk URL. However in 32 for example there was a "proper"
tags/commons-parent-32.

I wonder, is it intentional, that this is no longer required/defined,
or just an oversight?

I think it would be good to add it back to the description.

I already added a section for post-release (where you would return the
url to the trunk version). WDYT?

The advantage is clearly, that you can actually check out the released
source from the POM without searchign around. (sorry that I noticed
this only after my release :)

Gruss
Bernd