commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Announce: Commons Inject
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 14:55:11 GMT
Hi,

As some of you (hopefulyl not all) may have noticed, have added a
project called Commons Inject to the Sandbox [1] today. Commons Inject
is a JSR 330 compliant dependency injection framework. It is something
I had in the works for quite some time, but now it has reached a
decent state with my preliminary milestones reached:

- Passes the JSR 330 TCK.
- Integrated lifecycle handling via @PostConstruct and @PreDestroy.
Works with all scopes,
  including lazy singletons. (I never got this to work with Guice,
which has been my major
  driver for doing this.)
- Integrated logger injection framework for Log4J, SLF4J, and Commons
Logging. Others can
  easily be added.

I intend to use this for serious works from now on and consequently
hope to create a release real soon, at which point I'll ask to move
this to proper.

Any feedback welcome.

Jochen

[1] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/sandbox/commons-inject/trunk/

--
Our time is just a point along a line that runs forever with no end.
(Al Stewart, Lord Grenville)