commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [text] Incorporating Bruno Kinoshita's work
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 07:55:54 GMT
Hello Emmanuel

> Le 12/11/2014 13:34, Benedikt Ritter a écrit :
>
> > the git repo for [text] is ready and I've done the initial bootstraping
> > already. I've also created a new component in the SANDBOX jira project.
> The
> > first issue is to extract algorithms from [lang] [1]. I remember people
> > saying, that theere is code in codec too. Please feel free to create
> > tickets for this.
>
> I think a PROPOSAL.html file defining the scope and goals of the
> component would a good idea.

Yes, I'll work on that as soon as I have the time.

> > - Inclusion of Talend code into [text] is not possible (the is code
> > licensed by www.talend.com)
>
> What is this code about?

I don't know. It's some code that Bruno used in hier project. I don't think
we can use it.

> > - spellchecker package: nice idea, which I haven't thought about before.
> > Further more I could imagine a hyphenation package. Both should be locale
> > dependend.
>
> I may be wrong, but I'm under the impression a full spellchecking API is
> probably too big for a small utility component.

Yes you're right. I think it would be best to start up with the stuff we
already have. I already have a local branch (yeah, git!) for incorporating
the three algorithms from [lang].  We'll see were we go from there.

Benedikt