commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [csv] Object Mapping Proposal
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2014 10:34:43 GMT

> This is probably out of scope for a light weight component like Commons
> CSV. You could use Hibernate for all your mapping needs.

I don't understand what hibernate has to do with this, since it is an
object-relational mapping framework and Frank's proposal is about mapping
between CSV data and pojos... We talked about a mapping functionality for
csv before. I agree that it is out of scope of what we have currently. but
I could imagine to transform csv to a multiproject, that has a core
component and a mapping component (and probably more)

Frank, the mailing list server will strip any attachments. Can you create a
github repository, so we can discuss your proposal in more detail?

TIA!
Benedikt

> Gary

Frank" <