commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ulbricht, Frank" <f.ulbri...@qualitype.de>
Subject Re: [csv] Object Mapping Proposal
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2014 20:34:30 GMT
Hello guys,

I have created a new feature request CSV-146, so you may have a look on my code.

Thanks,
Frank.

Von: Gary Gregory<mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com>
Gesendet: ‎Samstag‎, ‎29‎. ‎November‎ ‎2014 ‎13‎:‎38
An: dev@commons.apache.org<mailto:dev@commons.apache.org>

Hibernate is all about mappings. Yes,  it sits on top of JDBC but that just means you need
a CSV or perhaps Excel driver. There is a lot more value in creating/reusing a simple CSV
JDBC driver than creating another custom mapping/binding framework which duplicates some features
of a JDBC driver and Hibernate...

My 2c,
Gary

Re: [csv] Object Mapping Proposal </div><div>

> This is probably out of scope for a light weight component like Commons
> CSV. You could use Hibernate for all your mapping needs.

I don't understand what hibernate has to do with this, since it is an
object-relational mapping framework and Frank's proposal is about mapping
between CSV data and pojos... We talked about a mapping functionality for
csv before. I agree that it is out of scope of what we have currently. but
I could imagine to transform csv to a multiproject, that has a core
component and a mapping component (and probably more)

Frank, the mailing list server will strip any attachments. Can you create a
github repository, so we can discuss your proposal in more detail?

TIA!
Benedikt

> Gary

Frank" <