commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons CSV 1.1 Released
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 10:08:45 GMT
Le 27/11/2014 08:45, Benedikt Ritter a écrit :
> I agree with sebb. There has been a convention for naming tags in CSV (I
> adopted the naming schema from [lang] when I released CSV 1.0). I cannot
> remember that we've discussed changing the schema, so please stick to it.

The naming scheme for [lang] was inherited from CVS and required a
prefix with the name of the component to distinguish between the
different components (CVS tags applied to the whole repository if I
remember well). Nowadays I tend to prefer tags with the version number
only. However since CSV 1.0 used the old convention I think it's
preferable to keep it for the consistency. We'll be able to revert to
version only tags after the migration to Git... someday :)

Emmanuel Bourg