commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Kiefer <kiefer.thors...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Math] Would like to know, if extensions are needed (Was: [commans math] Would like [...])
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2014 13:32:07 GMT
Hello,

Am 15.11.2014 um 13:39 schrieb Gilles:
> Hello.
>
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 06:15:32 +0100, Thorsten Kiefer wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I coded this in JavaScript :
>> http://toki78.github.io/
>>
>> I am wondering, if parts of this might be useful for the math module.
>> If so, I could contribute it.
>
> There are some machine-learning algorithms in Commons Math, more
> would probably be welcome.
> Could you perhaps describe with a little more details what you are
> proposing?
I would like to implement a (non-turing-complete) meta languge for
the approximation function and the RL-update rule.
Then I would provide Q(lambda) and SARSA(lambda) using the fourier basis.
Might be useful for somebody.

The Meta-compiler's result could implement the interfaces used by the
FunctionFitters.
As far as I can remember : MultivariateFunction or so...

For more understanding you can also look up the code on my git profile.

> Thanks,
> Gilles
>
> P.S. The subject line for messages about the Commons Math project,
>      should be prepended with the string "[Math]" (to help filtering
>      for people so inclined).

Regards
Thorsten