commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons CSV 1.1 Released
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:55:47 GMT
Hello,

Am Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:27:43 +0000
schrieb sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>:

> On 26 November 2014 at 13:23, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
> > I created the tag
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/csv/tags/1.1/, good
> > catch.
> >
> > I do not see the point of have "cvs" twice in the tag, so I use the
> > format above.
>
> -1, please follow the original convention.
>
> By default if you check out a tag, SVN creates a directory with the
> name of the tag.
>
> If the component name is not included in the tag name, then it's
> impossible to distinguish CSV 1.1 from LANG 1.1 etc.

You also need to match the SCM URL in the released POM file:

  <scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/csv/tags/CSV_1.0</connection>

BTW: the announcement mail had a download_codec.cgi link, but the
script is correctly named download_csv.cgi. I guess you might want to
fix this in the announcement template.

Gruss
Bernd