commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject [VFS] Broken site builds after checkstyle update
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 01:17:22 GMT
(apologies if I sent this twice, I thought I had mailed it, but looks
like it is not in my archives)

Hello,

currently the site builds of [VFS] trunk fail, but not only on Java 8,
but also 6-9. It looks like it is caused by some of the dependency
updates done in the last few weeks (Gregory?).

I tried to fix it, there is one obvious fix (removing the no longer
supported <module name="DoubleCheckedLocking"/> from checkstyle.xml.

But this does not fix all problems, there is still a problem with the
header comparer of checkstyle. I think it is related to relative path
and module builds.

If I remove the <module name=Header>... as well, it builds again. Do we
need that, or dont we use RAT for that, anyway?

So the last problem is the suppression file, which has also some
relative path problems.

I will file an JIRA for it, but I wanted to get the discussion started.

Gruss
Bernd