commons-dev mailing list archives

From venkatesha murthy <venkateshamurth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Include quartiles estimated using PSquarePercentile in SummaryStatistics
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 19:45:01 GMT
Hi Phil,

Though i did not add to StatisticalSummary i was actually working on a
DescriptiveStatisticalSummary for all the Storeless variants inclusive of
PSquarePercentile. Would it help if you can actually implement
SummaryStatisitcs with an extended interface such as
DescriptiveStatisticalSummary ? below.

That said i actually wanted to discuss the new storelessvariant of
descriptive statistics.
a) DescriptiveStatisticalSummary - an extended interface for
StatisticalSummary (adds a Generic type that can cater for store full and
storeless)
b) DescriptiveStorelessStatistics - Storeless variant of
DescriptiveStatisitcs
c) SynchronizedDescriptiveStorelessStatistics - a synchronized wrapper.

Test case classes added to the same.

Please let me know on this i could also accomodate the changes to summary
stats based on this change here.
Also please let me know if this could be raised as a jira ticket to pursue.

Thanks
Murthy