commons-dev mailing list archives

From dalibor topic <dalibor.to...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Analysis of commons-jelly-1.0 & commons-launcher-1.1 dependencies on JDK-Internal APIs
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 19:33:02 GMT

On 17.10.2014 21:20, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Thanks Rory,
>
> why would org.w3c.* or org.relaxng.* be JDK internal?

Please see http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/ for a list of Java
SE 8 API packages. Neither org.relaxng nor org.w3c.dom.html/ranges are
part of it.

cheers,
dalibor topic

> Does it mean… it's going to be included in JDK 9? (probably as a conflicting version
with some priority to included jars thus maybe breaking) ?

> Those are trusted software providers since years (Jelly is quite old).
>
> paul
>
> On 17 oct. 2014, at 20:48, "Rory O'Donnell" <rory.odonnell@oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> Let me try one at a time - commons-jelly attached.
>>
>> Rgds,Rory
>> On 17/10/2014 19:22, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>>> Rory,
>>>
>>> I see no attachments here. Can you post it to some web-place please?
>>>
>>> paul

more common usage patterns of JDK-internal APIs
with instructions on how to run the jdeps analysis tool yourself .

commons-launcher-1.1 based on the jdeps output.

on the JDK-internal API usage patterns in the attached jdeps reports - in particular comments
elaborating on the rationale for them - either to me or on the adoption-discuss [1] mailing
list at OpenJDK.

which is why I am reaching out to you
that may be needed to facilitate this exercise.

--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment