commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rory O'Donnell" <rory.odonn...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Analysis of commons-jelly-1.0 & commons-launcher-1.1 dependencies on JDK-Internal APIs
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 18:48:37 GMT
Let me try one at a time - commons-jelly attached.

Rgds,Rory
On 17/10/2014 19:22, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Rory,
>
> I see no attachments here. Can you post it to some web-place please?
>
> paul
>

> On 17 oct. 2014, at 10:42, Rory O'Donnell <rory.odonnell@oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Benedict,
>>
>> As I already mentioned we have prepared guidance on migrating some of the more common
usage patterns of JDK-internal APIs
>> to supported public interfaces. The list is on the OpenJDK wiki [0], along with instructions
on how to run the jdeps analysis tool yourself .

>> I have prepared reports , attached to this email, for commons-jelly-1.0 & commons-launcher-1.1
based on the jdeps output.

>> For anything where your migration path is unclear, I would appreciate comments on
the JDK-internal API usage patterns in the attached jdeps reports - in particular comments
elaborating on the rationale for them - either to me or on the adoption-discuss [1] mailing
list at OpenJDK.

>> Finding suitable replacements for unsupported interfaces is not always straightforward,
which is why I am reaching out to you
>> early in the JDK 9 development cycle so you can give feedback about new APIs that
may be needed to facilitate this exercise.