commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: Analysis of commons-jelly-1.0 & commons-launcher-1.1 dependencies on JDK-Internal APIs
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 18:22:32 GMT
Rory,

I see no attachments here. Can you post it to some web-place please?

paul

On 17 oct. 2014, at 10:42, Rory O'Donnell <rory.odonnell@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi Benedict,
>
> As I already mentioned we have prepared guidance on migrating some of the more common
usage patterns of JDK-internal APIs
> to supported public interfaces. The list is on the OpenJDK wiki [0], along with instructions
on how to run the jdeps analysis tool yourself .

> I have prepared reports , attached to this email, for commons-jelly-1.0 & commons-launcher-1.1
based on the jdeps output.

> For anything where your migration path is unclear, I would appreciate comments on the
JDK-internal API usage patterns in the attached jdeps reports - in particular comments elaborating
on the rationale for them - either to me or on the adoption-discuss [1] mailing list at OpenJDK.

> Finding suitable replacements for unsupported interfaces is not always straightforward,
which is why I am reaching out to you
> early in the JDK 9 development cycle so you can give feedback about new APIs that may
be needed to facilitate this exercise.