commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] Vote to git it?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 14:35:32 GMT
On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 09/09/2014 15:10, Gary Gregory a écrit :
> > Should we vote to move Commons to git one component at a time (as Math
> just
> > has), or just vote to move them all at once and be done with it and the
> > inevitable?
>
> I'm fine with both solutions. Do we have a consensus to migrate the
> components now?

I started this thread to get a feel for it. Some folks have a lot of
experience with git, some have none. Most of us here know Subversion 'by
default'. Understanding that and the comfort of folks of do not know git
and their willingness to get into a new VCS is what I am trying to
understand. I do not want to call a [vote] with out talking first.

Gary