commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Math] Too many changes? (Was: [13/13] git commit: Fixed lots of warnings due to missing @Deprecated annotations)
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:27:50 GMT
On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:58:56 +0200, luc wrote:
> Hi Gilles,
>
> Le 2014-09-23 12:51, Gilles a écrit :
>> Hi Luc.
>> The commit contains many more changes that just the added
>> annotation:
>> removed imports, removed variables, type changes, deleted code...
>> Most changes are probably harmless but it is not obvious for all.
>> Could it be that you unintentionally mixed too many commits?
>
> Yes, I'm sorry about this.
> I was fixing a lot of warnings (more than 2600!) that appeared after
> some updates
> (Eclipse update to Eclipse Luna and probably also Java 8 being
> installed when
> I updated my Debian Jessie distribution).
>
> So the overall goal is still to simply remove warnings, most of which
> are related to
> deprecated classes, but not all of them.
>
> Most of the changes were done in the test part. The few changes in
> the library part concern
> ValueServer, which delegated some code to deprecated RandomDataImpl,
> which itself delegated to
> RandomDataGenerator, so I have streamlined this ti directly use
> RandomDataGenerator and keep RandomDataImpl
> only in a cosntructor that was already deprecated.
>
> I'll try to refrain to mix things again. The huge commit for the
> @Deprecated test classes was worth doing
> in a single pass, but the ValueServer changes should have been in a
> separate commit.

It seems that two private methods were deleted from
  org.apache.commons.math3.ml.neuralnet.sofm.KohonenTrainingTaskTest

They are unused but could come in handy for debugging.[1]
Unless I miss something, that change at least should be reverted.

Best regards,
Gilles

[1] The more so that this test sometimes fails randomly.