commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC3
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2014 14:23:13 GMT
Le 27/09/2014 15:48, Oliver Heger a écrit :

> - The distribution files of other Commons components start with the
> commons- prefix. This is not the case here.

Because BCEL wasn't a Commons project and still distributed under it's
own org.apache.bcel groupId

> I am not sure how problematic the wrong copyright year is, also from a
> legal PoV. This prevents me from voting +1; everything else is not
> blocking.

I guess that may mislead someone into thinking the copyright will expire
2 years before it actually should. We are talking about the life time of
the authors + 50 or 70 years depending the country. I don't think that
really matters.

Emmanuel Bourg