commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland" <rory.odonn...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Testing Apache Commons with JDK 8 EA builds
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:41:18 GMT
Hi Benedikt,

Would you like me to send you/dev-list an email when a new EA build
becomes available ?

We would really like to list your project along with your name as
contact on the wiki at [0],
is that something you would be interested in  ?

Rgds,Rory

[0] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/Adoption/Quality+Out+Reach
On 29/08/2014 11:57, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> Hello Dalibor,
>
> I'm usually testing release candidates of our compontens with the latest
> Java 6,7 and 8 releases. I've also tested with Java 8 EA before it went GA.
> I'm working with MacOS.
> I have not encountered problems regarding the compilation. What really is a
> problem for us is DocLint. Almost all maven site builds fail due to
> malformed JavaDoc. Fixing all those errors is a huge amount of work, so wie
> usually build the site with Java 7.
>
> I've not tested with Java 9 (but may be a good addition to my compiler zoo).
>
> HTH,
> Benedikt

>> Hi Apache Commons developers,
>>
>> I'm trying to get an idea about how much community testing is happening on
>> JDK Early Access (EA) builds among Apache Commons components, and to
>> encourage more of it to happen as part of our engagement in the Adoption
>> Group in OpenJDK. [0] [1]
>>
>> In other words, I'm curious if you have been testing your components
>> against JDK 7/8/9 EA builds, and if you have run into any showstopper
>> issues.
>>
>> cheers,
>> dalibor topic
>>
>> [0] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/Adoption/Quality+Out+Reach
>> [1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/adoption-discuss/
>> 2014-August/000305.html
>> --
>> <http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
>> Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961
>> <tel:+491737185961>
>>
>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg
>>
>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
>> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 München
>> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>> Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz
>>
>> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
>> Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande
>> Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
>> Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher
>>
>> <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
>> practices and products that help protect the environment

Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA , Dublin, Ireland