commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] Vote to git it?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:24:13 GMT
Le 09/09/2014 16:35, Gary Gregory a écrit :

> I started this thread to get a feel for it. Some folks have a lot of
> experience with git, some have none. Most of us here know Subversion 'by
> default'. Understanding that and the comfort of folks of do not know git
> and their willingness to get into a new VCS is what I am trying to
> understand. I do not want to call a [vote] with out talking first.

The last time we voted there were 4 people opposed. I tried to summarize
the objections (please correct if I'm wrong):

Mark Thomas: not needed, not fully thought out, trial with one component
Thomas Vandahl: doesn't see any advantage
Damjan Jovanovic: trial with one component first
Gilles Sadowski: doesn't solve any problem, not used to the tool

Emmanuel Bourg