commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons CSV 1.0 based on RC3
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 08:54:43 GMT

> Hello,
>
> When the Site-Build is not part of the release, this is a +1 (but you
> might need to adjust the release notes). Will you release the binaries
> built with Java 6.

Releases have to go to http://www.apache.org/dist [1]. This includes
sources and binary packages. Since the sources packages also contain the
site build, the site can be build from the artifacts we release. BUT the
site itself (meaning http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-csv ) is not
part of the release and can be changed independently.

> I guess the changes entry would look better when not using the imperative
> title of the bug but: "Restore functionality to be compatible with Java 6."

Okay, we can do that post 1.0, so that is looks better on the changes
report. The RELEASE-NOTES clearly state, that the release is compatible
with Java 6.

Thanks!
Benedikt

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release