commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Commons CSV 1.0 based on RC3
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 12:37:47 GMT
Hi all,

we have further refined the API and I'd like to finally release Commons CSV
based on RC3.

Changes between RC2 and RC3 are:

- reverted to Java 6 as language level requirement
- updated dependencies to the latest versions
- refined the API of CSVFormat some more

Changes between RC1 und RC2 where:

- CSV now requires Java 7 and the Java requirements are documented in the
release notes and on the website.
- corrected JavaDoc in CSVFormat that was pointing to missing method
parseFile (the JavaDoc now correctly points to the static methods defined
in CSVParser)
- The JavaDoc for the predefined formats in CSVFormat doesn't use h3
sections any more, since this is not good for readbility
- The JavaDoc for the predefined formats in CSVFormat now uses the actual
characters and not the (not visibile) constants from the Constants class
- getters returning booleans in CSVFormat now follow the convention of
starting with "is" instead of "get"
- consistently renamed boolean getters
- Clarified JavaDoc of CSVFormat.withRecordSeparator()
- Renamed CSVFormat.withCommentStart and getCommentStart to
with/getCommentMarker to avoid confusion w.r.t. comment stop
- Clarified JavaDoc of CSVPrinter.printRecord(s) methods
- Clarified in JavaDoc, that CSVPrinter.printRecord also calls
CSVPrinter.println()
- Clarified toString format of CSVPrinter
- Clarified the difference between the current line number of the parser
and the record number of the record
- Removed needless method getRecord(T extends Collection)
- use 4 spaces indentation in user guide

CSV 1.0 RC3 is available for review here:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/csv/ (svn rev. 6117)

I've tested with Maven 3.2.2 using Java 6, 7 and 8.

  Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1043/

  Details of changes since we started with 1.0 are in the release notes:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/csv/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
    http://people.apache.org/~britter/csv-1.0-RC3/changes-report.html

  The tag is here:
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/csv/tags/CSV_1.0_RC3 (svn
rev. 1617100)
  N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.

  Site:
    http://people.apache.org/~britter/csv-1.0-RC3/
  (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.0 directories are
  not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)

  Clirr Report:
   -- No Clirr report, since this is the first release --

  RAT Report:
    http://people.apache.org/~britter/csv-1.0-RC3/rat-report.html
  (note that the files in src/test/resources are ignored by rat, since they
are used as test csv input   and test result specifications)

  KEYS:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

  Please review the release candidate and vote.
  This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 1500
GMT 13-August 2014

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...