commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BCEL] Trying a release?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:12:20 GMT
On 2014-08-22, Benedikt Ritter wrote:

> Okay... TBH, I don't like that BCEL is treated special. Looks like a
> different versioning schema to me. Also other groupId and artifactId. But
> if you RM, it's your decision :-) I won't block a release because of this
> if BCEL was always released like this.

BCEL used to be a Jakarta Projects of its own rather than a Commons
component, hence the historically different coordinates.

If BCEL6 can be used as a drop in replacement, then not changing the
coordinates might be a good idea (but begs the question of why it has a
new major version).  Gump says current BCEL trunk works for Xalan and
Ant - at least to the extent their builds are using it.

Stefan