commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons CSV 1.0 based on RC3
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 16:58:39 GMT
Hello,

+0 (non-binding if you like :)
the sandbox should really be removed (see below)

checked out tag (rev matches)

- build with 3.2.1/7u65/Win7: install and site ok
- build with 3.0.5/6u38/Win7: install ok
  (site fails with findbugs class version problem)
- build with 3.2.1/8u11/Win7: install and site ok
  (javadoc warnings)

site/mail-lists talk about sandbox

2 CSVParser tests skipped, is this expected?

Plugins are up to date, the maven min version could be adjusted
(findbugs needs 3.0.1).

Dependencies are up-to-date (only a newer JUnit beta).

Nit: the changes report show CVS-125 first, thats confusing as I
understand it does work with Java6 - partially?

What about the PMD warning with the unused print() method?

Do we want to create a wiki page so the link works?
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CSV

The following stuff i might report/contribute and are not strictly 1.0
problems:

Nit: it should not talk about "Excel format" but something like "CSV
files exported by Microsoft Excel". We should honor the trademark here.

Nit: the package-doc+user guide+CSVPrinter javadoc should describe this
mode of function some more.

Overall very good quality!

Gruss
Bernd