commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release vs. SNAPSHOT sites.
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 22:54:56 GMT
On 23 July 2014 00:07, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> Snapshots site are useless to users and somewhat useful to developers.
>
> It is nice to be able to republish a site at will to fix documentation bugs
> _without_ releasing a new version.
>
> But, this is usually done by dragging along a SNAPSHOT version of
> everything.
>
> What to do?
>
> We need to publish the current version of a component and keep it there, as
> is. What about doc only changes? What if those fixes are Javadoc fixes?
> Does not seem doable.
>
> We could have, on the side a SNAPSHOT site.
>
> That means two sites: RELEASE and SNAPSHOT.

In JMeter, we create a branch for the documentation from the release.
Any documentation fixes can then be applied to the branch (and trunk
if relevant) and the branch used to recreate the site.

At present we do not include Javadoc in the branch, but it should be
possible to do so.
Obviously there must not be any code changes applied to the branch
when using this process.