commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [ALL] Clirr doesn't work with Java 8 (and it seems to be our fault ;-)
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2014 10:43:16 GMT
Hi,

when building [lang] with Java 8 I get the following error [1]: Caused by:
org.apache.bcel.classfile.ClassFormatException: Invalid byte tag in
constant pool: 18

So it looks like Clirr is using a BCEL version that doesn't support Java 8.
Can anybody tell me what the current state of BCEL is? We have version 6 in
trunk. the latest release is 5.2. So I assume we're breaking BC. Can we
release a fix for 5.2 that can handle Java 8?

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] https://paste.apache.org/khuq

--