commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons CSV based on RC2
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 15:05:01 GMT
CSVParser implicitly implements AutoClosable because it implements Closable
which extends AutoClosable in Java 7.

I assumed we had consensus about switching to Java 7 to enable
try-with-resource when using CSVParser (this was my bad, sorry). As far as
I understand try-with-resource won't work when the source level is changed
back to Java 6, since the information of implemented interfaces is encoded
in the class.

I'm fine with creating RC3, if we can agree on the target Java level. I
have the feeling everybody is okay with Java 6 (and no try-with-resource
support for now).

Regards,
Benedikt