commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Migrate Commons Math to Git
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:05:28 GMT
On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:01:44 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
> Looks like other projects are running VOTEs to ensure there is
> consensus for this action and including references to VOTE threads
> in INFRA JIRAs.  Lets do this.  The action I am proposing is that we
> request a new ASF git repo, make the current svn repo read-only
> (adding a README to make it clear) and change github mirroring to
> use the git repo.   Votes, please.  This vote will close in 72
> hours.  Note that this VOTE applies only to [math], i.e.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math.
>
> [ ] +1 go for it
> [ ] +0 OK, but...
> [ ] -0  Not happy about this, because...
   [X] -1 We should not do this if that means that I have to know how
          to use "git" within the next 72 hours.

Please clarify the migration planning, including the necessary
transition
for complete newbies (e.g. a summary of how to perform the equivalent
of
such basic tasks as "svn co", "svn add", svn del", "svn commit",
"svn diff").

Thanks,
Gilles