commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] commons-rdf
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 07:05:05 GMT

On 22/07/14 08:55, Peter Ansell wrote:
> On 22 July 2014 16:30, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
> All of the code contributions have been from Peter Ansell, Andy
> Seabourne and Sergio Fernández, per the GitHub contributors list, and
> we all are Apache committers already, in case that helps:
>
> https://github.com/wikier/commons-rdf/graphs/contributors

That's what I stated in the IP clearance report; see r1612386 for the
details http://svn.apache.org/r1612386

>>> I created SANDBOX-479 with that purpose. It is rather easy, but you are
>>> right that the process needs to be properly managed.
>>
>> I've looked at the github repo again. I think we all agree that future
>> discussions have to take place on this ML. For structuring the development
>> efforts it makes sense to create a jira project right from the start
>> (instead of using the sandbox project). I don't know if Gary can do that or
>> if we need help from Infra for that.
>
> Once there is a Jira project available that would be practical, but
> until then (assuming we can't do it immediately), continuing to
> discuss the open issues on GitHub Issues and Pull Requests seems fine
> to me.

Sure, let's await to have all infrastructure in place to do the
migration, which also means a formal code donation (git bundle) attached
to SANDBOX-479.

> The infrastructure team have made it possible to link up to GitHub
> Pull Requests so that emails are sent to this list when they are
> opened and when comments are added to them (similar to Marmotta and
> Any23), to keep a copy of the code review discussion here, but enable
> the use of GitHub's intuitive code review interface for fluent
> development of the project.

I'll already asked that at INFRA-8068, but I'll stress it.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager