commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] commons-rdf
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:44:32 GMT
Hi,

On 21/07/14 17:33, Benedikt Ritter wrote:

>> On 7/21/14, 5:11 AM, Sergio Fernández wrote:
 >>>
>>> Sorry, I tried to find it, but in the web site there is no
>>> information about such procedure. Do we need to start a vote and
>>> get a consensus from the Commons PMC?
>>
>> There is no formal process for starting a sandbox component per se,
>> as long as existing ASF committer(s) are initiating it.  To get
>> sandbox karma, ASF committers just have to ask for it here.  There
>> is, however, a process for accepting a software grant, which in this
>> case we are going to have to follow, since the initial code was
>> developed outside the ASF (i.e., not under the oversight of an ASF
>> PMC, unless I am misunderstanding something). Have a look at [1]
>> for how Commons sandbox works and [2] for the IP clearance process.

I created SANDBOX-479 with that purpose. It is rather easy, but you are
right that the process needs to be properly managed.

> I think after sorting the IP stuff out, the guys don't need sandbox karma
> (in svn), but a sandbox git repo (since they insist on developing via git)

In the meantime I also requested the it to infra (INFRA-8068), because
that could take some time depending on how much work they do have.

Please, feel free to comment to any of those issues if further
information would be required.

Thanks so much.

Cheers,

--