commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [VFS] Implementing custom hdfs file system using commons-vfs 2.0
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2014 19:47:20 GMT
Hello Peter,

I would suggest you use the
current Version from CVS or the snapshot builds. This would have the
big advantage that you can actually test and contribute to this version
in case you miss some features or find some bugs.

If you want to implement your own file system provider, you typically
start to copy one of the existing providers and adopt it. The main work
is one in Implementing a specific FileObject which extends from
AbstractFileSystemObject and implements all the various doSomething()
methods.

Actually the JavaDoc of that Abstract Object is quite good in this
regard.

After you have implemented the new Filesystem, it will be available for
addProvider() or you can add it as a new provider to the xml
configuration of StandardFileSystemManager like described here:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/api.html

Greetings
Bernd