commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Logging 1.2 based on RC1
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2014 16:45:10 GMT
Yes, I agree about not fixing all issues found by the new reports. The reports are more for
our own need going forward. Perhaps we can make a note of the fact that issues found by the
reports are known and are just tips for current developers and anyone else wanting to get
their feet wet in the project with some small changes.

Gary

<thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> </div><div>Date:06/28/2014  10:40  (GMT-05:00)
Re: [VOTE] Release Logging 1.2 based on RC1 </div><div>
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

> and wow, we have not cut a release in a long time or checked the build from
> the src zip!

the last release was about 1 1/4 years ago. Since then the pmd and
findbugs reports have been added without properly checking that the
release build still is complete. Ok can happen.

>>> Hm... I like having the reports as ideas for fixing things if I am idle
>>> or to give others ideas on how to get their feet wet with small changes.

sure, if time permits it, but it should not block the release for a
component that is unchanged for years.

>> I just added the pmd.xml to the src assembly in trunk.

ok thanks.

Thomas