commons-dev mailing list archives

From Schalk W. Cronjé <ysb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MATH-1120] Needed opinion about support on variations in percentile calculation
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:50:13 GMT
As a consumer of the library I'll have no idea what R_1 means. Even if I
know what is is, I might have forgotten what it is at the time of usage, so
a mental reminder might be useful. At the minimum the javadoc should refer
to the link you have shown.

Even better if you rather use something like INV_EDF_R1 which at least
might remind me that it is the inverse empiral distribution function and is
equivalent to R's Type 1.

HTH